Smothered Chicken And BiscuitsFrom bondc 8 years ago
- 4 chicken pieces or thick pork chops shopping list
- 1/2 c. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- 8 slices bacon shopping list
- 3 c. milk shopping list
- 3 T. flour shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. rice shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. rich chicken stock shopping list
- Biscuits: shopping list
- biscuits.html">My Mothers Buttermilk biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a large casserole dish.
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, then bring to a boil with the stock in a pan with a tight-fitting lid. Cover, lower the heat as far as you can, and cook for 20 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, and spread in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain, and crumble. Do not drain bacon drippings.
- Dredge chicken (or chops) in seasoned flour. Brown well on all sides in the bacon drippings, then place on top of rice. Add the 3 T. flour to the drippings in the pan, scraping up all the brown bits, and stir until smooth. Add the milk and stir constantly over high heat, until gravy boils and thickens. Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Pour gravy over chicken (or chops), and place in the oven. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove cover, and place biscuits on top. Bake as directed until biscuits are done.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookbondc State College, PA
The Rating3 people
Oh, yes. Wonderful stuff, just like mom used to make.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it