Buffalo WingsFrom chefloren 6 years ago
- oil for frying shopping list
- 1/2 C unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 C hot sauce of your choice shopping list
- A dash of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- A dash of garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 C All purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 t. paprika shopping list
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 10 chicken wings shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
- 2. In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
- 3. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.
- ( At times I will add a blob of honey to the sauce)