Grilled Chicken and Asparagus with Crumbled Blue CheeseFrom grizzlybear 4 years ago
- 4 Boneless & skinless chicken Breasts (halves; about 1 2/3 lbs. total), rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 2 red onions (1 lb. total), peeled and sliced crosswise 1/2-in. thick shopping list
- 2 lbs. asparagus (at least 1/2 in. wide), tough ends snapped off shopping list
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced tarragon leaves shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup (4 1/2 oz.) crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- For a healthy alternative, change the cheese. Sprinkle on crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese in place of blue cheese. Ounce for ounce, reduced-fat feta has about 40 percent fewer calories and half the fat and saturated fat of blue cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct, high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds.
- 2. While grill heats, arrange chicken, onions, and asparagus in 2 large, shallow pans. Brush all over with oil and sprinkle all over with tarragon, then salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Lay onions on cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn onions over with a wide spatula, then add chicken to grill. Brown chicken on underside, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn onions and chicken over, then add asparagus. Cook, turning foods often with spatula and tongs, until chicken is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test) and vegetables are tender-crisp, 5 to 10 minutes more. As ingredients are done, lift to a platter.
- 4. Arrange chicken, onions, and asparagus on platter. Sprinkle blue cheese on top.