Chocolate Bread PuddingFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 6 cups lightly packed 1/2" cubes of King's Hawaiian Sweet bread ( about 1/2 of a 16 oz. loaf) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat half-and-half in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate, mix until melted. Cool slightly. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk 1 cup cooled chocolate into egg mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate until blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture over bread cubes and mix until bread is well coated. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Lightly coat six 6-oz. custard cups (or an 8"square baking pan)** with butter-flavored cooking spray. Mound bread equally into each cup.
- Place cups on baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 325* oven for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean. Best served warm with chocolate or vanilla sauce.
- **If using baking dish, bake 5 minutes longer
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating4 people
Bread pudding is my favorite comfort dessert! This sounds so yummy!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
wow gotta luv it thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmmm i love bread puddings awesome !!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!