Salt and Pepper SquidFrom chefrecipes 6 years ago
How to make it
- Lay the squid tubes flat on your chopping board and place a long knife inside the tube.
- Pull the knife either to the right or left and cut the tube open on one side.
- Unfold the tube flat, leaving what was the inside pointing up.
- Remove any excess membrane left inside with a sharp knife.
- Rinse it under cold water and pat dry with some paper towel.
- Again lay the squid inside up on your board.
- With a very sharp knife cut the squid in half along what was the opposite edge.
- Now we’ll do the criss cross cutting.
- On each of these 2 halves make an incision across the centre from corner to corner, (cut as deep as you can without cutting right through).
- Now make incisions parallel to that incision about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) apart.
- Then repeat this procedure along the other angle from the other corner to corner.