Crock Pot Roast BeefFrom mrn 3 years ago
- 3 - 4 lb beef roast, fat trimmed shopping list
- 1 large cooking apple cored, & sliced leaving peels shopping list
- 3 - 4 sweet peppers cleaned & sliced thick (red, yellow, orange, green) shopping list
- 1 medium onion 1/4" sliced shopping list
- 4 crushed cloves garlic shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 Tbls Whole peppercorn shopping list
- 1 Tbls whole allspice shopping list
- 4 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 bottle medium to dark ale or equivilant amount of dry red wine. shopping list
How to make it
- Layer in the crock pot: 1/2 of each onion, peppers, apples, garlic & spices; full roast; reverse layers with remaining 1/2's of ingredients.
- Pour beer or red wine over all.
- Cook for 8 - 9 hours on low.
- Most of the flavors will have cooked out of the veggies into the beef & won't be edible when done. Most onions & peppers can be salvaged.
- Goes great with fried taters 'n onions.
The Cookmrn Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!