Chocolate Chip-currant Cookies - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ¾ cup reduced-calorie tub margarine shopping list
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbs. Frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or substitute ( ¼ cup equivalent ) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 ½ cups plus 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ¾ cup currants or dark raisins shopping list
- 3oz semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 In a large bowl, beat together the margarine, pineapple juice concentrate, sugar or substitute, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until smooth.
- 3 In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the margarine mixture in three parts, beating until just incorporated after each addition.
- 4 Stir in the currants and chocolate chips. Drop the batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet to make 18 cookies.
- 5 Bake until the cookies are set on top and firm to the touch, 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Nutritional Values: Serving size: 1 cookie, Calories per serving: 142, Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 150mg, Carbohydrate: 22g, Protein: 2g.
- Note: After baking these cookies can be stored in plastic storage bag in the freezer. Then warmed in the microwave.
- Note: A Diabetic Friendly cookie.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!