Spanish Rice And Beef Casserole - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 Lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, ¾ inch thick shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- ¾ cup uncooked regular long grain rice shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- ¾ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 can 14 ½ oz Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- ¾ cup frozen peas, defrosted shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat oven to 350º. Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into ¼ inch thick strips.
- 2 In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic ( ½ at a time ) and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Stir in rice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and water.
- 3 Bake in 350º oven, tightly covered, 30 to 35 minutes or until beef and rice are tender. Remove from oven; stir in peas. Heat and serve.
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 375, Cholesterol: 76mg, Sodium: 926mg, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrate: 36g, Protein: 30g
- Diabetic Friendly.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
hi there who gae you only a 4..i am sorry but its a fiver .......i love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I will never understand that. Sure have my 5.
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it