Vegan Split Pea SoupFrom prince 6 years ago
- 2 c. of dried split peas shopping list
- 1/2 c. of barley shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 7 1/2 c. of water shopping list
- 3 chopped carrots shopping list
- 3 stalks of chopped celery shopping list
- 3 diced potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 c. of chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by sauting onion, bay leaf, and garlic in olive oil over medium flame.
- Now add the peas, barley, salt and water.
- Let this come to a boil, then reduce flame to lowand cook for 2 hours.
- Next you want to add the carrots, celery, potatoes, parsley, basil, thyme, and black pepper.
- You will want to let this simmer for another hour, making sure the peas and vegetables are now tender.
- Ladle into bowls! Add some crusty bread!
People Who Like This Dish 14
- suedelovio Ocean View, HI
- katsy Nowhere, Us
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- ellabella89 Brisbane, AU
- missnaomimarie Toronto, CA
- jayn0000 Hesperia, California
- tofucute Fountain Valley, CA
- veryvegan Winnipeg, CA
- poppypetal33 Missoula, MT
- milicakozomara Dallas, TX
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!