Amaretto chocolate truffle torteFrom mrlemonjelly 7 years ago
- 450g good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa is good) shopping list
- 1 pint of double cream shopping list
- 5 tbsp of golden syrup shopping list
- 5 tbsp of amaretto liqueur shopping list
- 100g digestive biscuits (amaretti would work well too) shopping list
- A dash of orange oil shopping list
- cocoa powder for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a 9 inch circular baking tin: Line the bottom with a circle of greaseproof paper and rub a little oil around the sides (groundnut or similar is good for this).
- Break up the biscuits until there are no large chunks (use a pestle and mortar if you want), and spread them evenly in the bottom of the tin.
- Break the chocolate into small chunks and melt it in the microwave with the syrup. This should only take a minute or two: Stirring will help the chocolate to melt. Be careful not to microwave it for too long as the chocolate may separate.
- While the chocolate is cooling, put the cream into a bowl and beat until it is slightly thickened.
- Stir in the amaretto and the orange oil (I used a concentrate so only a few drops were required).
- Fold in the melted chocolate, and mix until it is consistent and thick.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit crumbs and spread it to the edges with a spatula.
- Put it into the fridge to chill. It is best done over night, but 2-3 hours will suffice if you prefer.
- Remove from the baking tin and dust with cocoa power to serve.
The Cookmrlemonjelly Oxford, GB
The Rating4 people
Good for you !
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
Sounds divine!!!californiacook in loved it
Awesome recipe! Five forks for sure!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it