Wild Mushroom Cheddar BurgersFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 2 tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 12 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) assorted mushrooms Chopped shopping list
- 1 small shallot, finly diced shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck(80 percent lean) or ground turkey (90 percent lean) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs. canola oil shopping list
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 hamburger buns, split; toasted, if desired shopping list
- Chipotle ketchup (recepi below) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oilve oil and butter in large saute pan over high heat until almost smoking. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook until mushrooms are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme and parsley and transfer to bowl.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions(about 6oz. each). form each portion loosley into 3/4- inch burger and make deep depression in center with your thumb. season both side of each burger with salt and pepper.
- brush burgers with canola oil, and grill on high, turning once (for beef, 7 minutes for medium rare or 10 minutes for well; for turkey cook through about 10 minutes) Top each with a slice of cheese, and use a basting cover to melt cheese durnining last minute of cooking.
- place burgers on bun bottoms and top each with chipotle ketchup, if using and a large spoonful of mushrooms. Cover with bun tops and serve.
- Chipotle Ketchup
- makes 1 cup
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 to 3 tbs. pureed canned chipotle in adobo (depending on how spicy you perfer it)
- 1/4 tbs. kosher salt
- 1/4 tbs. freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together ketchup, chipotle, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. sauce will keep for one week in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!