Summer Vegetable RatatouilleFrom sufia 4 years ago
- 2 onion, sliced into thin rings shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed shopping list
- 2 zucchini, cubed shopping list
- 2 medium yellow squash, cubed shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cubed shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the zucchini in batches until slightly browned on all sides. Remove the zucchini and place in the pot with the onions and garlic.
- Saute all the remaining vegetables one batch at a time, adding 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet each time you add a new set of vegetables. Once each batch has been sauteed add them to the large pot as was done in step 2.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaf and thyme and cover the pot. Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and parsley to the large pot, cook another 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaf and adjust seasoning.