Super Simple Brown Rice MakiFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup brown Minute Rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 sheets nori shopping list
- Assorted filllings - eg. cucumber, asparagus, raw shredded beets/carrots, 1-2 oz extra firm tofu or fish (sashimi grade if raw!) shopping list
How to make it
- Place rice and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook on HI for 5 minutes, then allow to stand 5 minutes without stirring.
- Spread out cooked rice in a non-reactive bowl. Fan and stir the rice to separate the grains.
- Begin adding dribbles of seasoned vinegar mixture to taste, folding and stirring rice.
- Place nori (shiny side down) on a bamboo mat.
- Cover with 1/3 of the rice, leaving the furthest 1/4 of the nori plain.
- Place a small amount of filling on the rice closest to you in an even layer.
- Roll up tightly, using the bamboo mat to press roll into a cylinder.
- After completing your roll, slice into bite-sized portions using a very sharp knife. Wipe and wet the knife in between cuts for a clean look.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!