Green Tomato CakeFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- : shopping list
- •2 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- •1 cup vegetable oil or melted shortening shopping list
- •3 eggs shopping list
- •2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- •3 cups flour shopping list
- •1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- •1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- •1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- •1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- •1 cup pecans or walnuts shopping list
- •1 cup raisins shopping list
- •2 1/2 cups diced green tomatoes shopping list
- •coconut (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°. In mixing bowl, beat sugar, vegetable oil or shortening, eggs and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; slowly beat into egg mixture. Blend well. Stir in pecans, raisins and tomatoes.
- Pour into greased 9x13-inch pan. Top with coconut if desired. Bake for one hour, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. .
- Serves 12.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!