Chickpea SoupFrom prince 10 years ago
- 1 (15 oz.) can of garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 1 c. of heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of tahini shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of spinach, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- ground cayenne pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 cloves of peeled and crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 medium coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tsp. of ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp. of ground coriander shopping list
- 1 1/3 qts. of vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 medium peeled and chopped potatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by adding olive oil in a pot over medium flame.
- Saute garlic and onion for a couple minutes until yellow.
- Season cumin and coriander.
- Now add in vegetable stock and potatoes in a pot, letting it come to a boil.
- Now you can stir in your garbanzo beans, and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Next you can take a small bowl, and blend your heavy cream, tahini, and corn meal. Take this and mix in soup.
- Then you can stir in spinach in the soup.
- Finally you can season in salt and hot pepper, letting cook until heated through.