Asparagus Salad with Balsamic VinegarFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 pounds asparagus tough ends trimmed and cut into 2” pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper cut julienne shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender about 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in a decorative bowl and put in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
- Boil vinegar in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Pour vinegar into large bowl then whisk in oil, mustard, marjoram and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper then when ready to serve add red peppers and toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!