Golden Mashed Potatoes with Parsnips and ParsleyFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 ounces trimmed parsley root (about 3 medium), peeled, but into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, halved shopping list
- 3 cups (or more) water shopping list
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or parsley root tops shopping list
- Additional minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine potatoes, parsnips, parsley root, if using, and garlic in heavy large saucepan. Add 3 cups water and broth; if necessary, add additional water to cover by 1 inch. Boil uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain vegetables, reserving liquid.
- Return vegetables to pot. Add cream and butter. Set over low heat; mash until mixture is smooth and fluffy, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to thin to desired consistency. Mix in 2 tablespoons parsley. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat, stirring.) Transfer to bowl. Top with additional parsley.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!