Simple Vegetarian Noodle Dish With TofuFrom mrlemonjelly 4 years ago
- 300g of noodles (Straight-to-Wok style are the easiest) shopping list
- 200g of firm tofu shopping list
- 100g of mushrooms shopping list
- 5 or 6 small spring onions shopping list
- 2 small green chillies shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp of minced ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a small jug or glass, mix the oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and ginger. The balsamic vinegar is somewhat unorthodox, but adds a good flavour to the dish. If you want, replace it with rice vinegar and sugar instead.
- Prepare the noodles by washing and separating them (or, if you don't have Straight-to-Wok, cook them as instructed).
- Cut the tofu into thin slices and fry with a little oil in a frying pan or wok until it starts to brown off.
- Slice the mushrooms, chillies, onions and garlic thinly and add them to the tofu. Fry until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Stir in the noodles and fry for a couple of minutes, again until they start to brown slightly.
- Add the sauce you mixed earlier and simmer on a low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.