Fricassee of FrogFrom huxter 4 years ago
How to make it
- Take large Frogsand cut off the hinder Legs
- Remove the Feet
- Boil them in a little Veal-Broth ,with whole Pepper and a little Salt
- Add some sweet Herb,and some Lemon-Peel till the flesh is a little tender
- Then strain off the Liquor and thicken it with Butter and Cream
- Then serve them hot with the Cream ,and some Mushrooms pickled.
- Toss'd up with the sauce ,they make a very good Dish
- Their bones are of a very fine Texture ,are better to be eaten than Song Birds
- But we have in many Places an Aversion to them
- And to the Mushroom
- Not in France at the abode of Monsieur Ganeau
- NOTE : English people still have an aversion to frogs' legs and they are still a delicacy in France and many parts of South East Asia .I've eaten them in Indonesia ,fresh from the rice paddies !