Beer Steamed Shrimp With Tomato SalsaFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 tsp. coarse salt shopping list
- 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1-3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced; OR 2-3 T. chopped, drained, canned jalapenos shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 can (12 oz.) beer shopping list
- 1 T. crab or shrimp boil seasoning; OR 2 crushed garlic cloves, 6 whole allspice & 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. shrimp, shelled but tails intact, devined shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- juice of 1 small lime shopping list
How to make it
- Make Salsa:
- Sprinkle salt over tomatoes in colander and toss gently. Let drain 10 minutes. Combine bell pepper, jalapenos, onions, scallions, garlic, parsley, pepper & lime juice in a mixing bowl. Toss gently & stir in drained tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare Shrimp:
- Heat beer and crab boil seasoning to boiling in bottom of steamer. Place shrimp in steaming rack & steam, tightly covered for 2 minutes. Stir once, then continue to steam until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer shrimp to serving platter. If salsa is too watery, pour off excess liquid. Add salsa to shrimp & toss to combine. Serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- grizzlybear CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!