Oysters in Champagne SauceFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 24 raw oysters, in shell shopping list
- champagne Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup champagne or other dry sparkling wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup Oyster juice, from raw oysters above shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 tsp celery Seed, ground shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 cup rock salt shopping list
How to make it
- Open oysters. Measure 1/2 cup of the strained cooking liquid and reserve.
- Champagne Sauce Directions:
- Melt the butter in a 1-quart glass or ceramic measure or bowl, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved oyster juices and Champagne and cook, uncovered, on high, stirring twice during cooking, for 4 minutes or until thickened. Recipe can be made to this point a few hours ahead.
- Cooking and Serving:
- Heat the broiler with rack set at its highest level. Stir celery seed and white pepper to taste into the sauce. Spread 2 cups of coarse or rock salt in the bottom of a broiler pan to steady oysters. Nestle reserved shells into salt. Put each oyster in a shell and thoroughly coat the tops with sauce. Put under preheated broiler until just golden, about 2 minutes. Makes 4 servings.