Perky Peach Shortcake Made With BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 8 peaches peeled shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg well-beaten shopping list
- sugar for tops of biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- Slice peaches and stir in 1/4 cup sugar then set aside. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and 1/3 cup sugar. Work butter into flour mixture with fingertips as you would for pie crust. Mix baking soda with buttermilk. Add buttermilk mixture and egg to flour mixture then blend lightly together. Place dough on a floured board and knead lightly. Roll out 3/4” thick. Cut into 2 1/2” rounds and place on a well-greased baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes. To assemble the shortcake split warm biscuits in two and butter them. Place sweetened peaches between halves and on top of biscuit. Top with whipped cream if desired.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!