RED BEANS WITH SHRIMPFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1can ( 15oz ) kidney beans, washed and drained shopping list
- ½ lemon, sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- 16 medium-large shrimp, In their shells shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 small bunch chicory, washed and drained shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Pick over the beans drain and rinse well.
- 2)In a pot of lightly salted boiling water, combine the lemon slices, half of the pepper flakes, and the shrimp. Bring back to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and place the shrimp in a bowl of ice.
- 3)When cool, peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tail intact.
- 4)In a bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Add the beans and toss. Stir in the remaining red pepper flakes, the garlic, and parsley. Stir in the shrimp and toss. Season with salt to taste.
- 5)Divide the chicory between 2 dinner plates. Spoon the salad over the greens and serve.
- Calories: 700 per serving.
- Wine: Provencal or California Rose
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!