BAKED FRUIT STUFFED APPLESFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 ½ tsp. sugar substitute shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- Pinch ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider or juice shopping list
- 1 ( 6oz) Pkg. dried mixed fruit, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbs. margarine shopping list
- 8 tart baking apples shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 350º
- 2)Combine the sugar substitute, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; stir in cider. Add dried fruit; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until fruit is tender and cider mixture is reduced to about 1 cup, 10 to 15 minutes. Add margarine and stir until melted.
- 3)Remove cores from apples, cutting to but not through the bottoms. Peel 1 inch around tops. Place apples in a greased baking pan. Fill apple centers with fruit; spoon remaining cider mixture over apples.
- 4)Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350º oven until fork-tender, about 45 minutes.
- Calories: per Apple: 176
- Calories: 34% is reduced from the traditional recipe.