Fluffy Pecan PancakesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 2 cups flour shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- • 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted if desired shopping list
- • 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- • 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- • 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- • 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- • vegetable oil shopping list
- • pecan halves or fruit for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, and chopped pecans.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and milk, egg yolks, and melted butter. Blend into the dry ingredients just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter until well incorporated.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle, scoop pancake batter onto the skillet in about 1/4-cup portions, spreading slightly. When edges are rather dry and bubbles are popping and bottoms are nicely browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, turn over and cook the other side until browned, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup and garnish with pecan halves or fruit, if desired.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!