Easy Baked Potato SoupFrom sbhardin 5 years ago
- 3 potatoes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes shopping list
- 1 cup chopped ham shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hotsauce shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces bacon - cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake potatoes for 1 hour, or until done. Potatos can be cooked in the microwave or left over baked potatos can be used as well. Set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until tender and golden brown. Stir in flour, and cook 5 minutes to make a roux. Pour in chicken stock and water. Add cornstarch and mashed potato flakes. Season with salt, pepper, hotsauce and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the cooled potatoes, and discard. Dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes, and stir into soup, along with the half-and-half. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thick. Spoon into bowls, and garnish with shredded cheese, bacon and chopped green onion.