Delizioso Mostaccioli Salad NicoiseFrom 99bordeaux 8 years ago
- 1 pound Mostaccioli or penne pasta, uncooked shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, steamed until tender-crisp shopping list
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered shopping list
- 2 cups sliced celery shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 10-20 pitted ripe olives (I use Kalamata), sliced (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 (7-ounce) cans water packed white tuna (I use Albacore), drained and flaked shopping list
- DRESSING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon any salt-free herb seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves (fresh or dry) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta as package directs.
- While pasta's cooking chop vegetables & olives and combine with tuna in a large bowl. (I use a very large bowl and the salad comes to about 1 inch from the top-so I suggest using your largest bowl to make stirring easier.
- In a small bowl wisk oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, herb seasoning, basil and pepper.
- After pasta is done cooking, drain and add it to the large bowl with the veggies.
- Pour dressing over pasta and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Cover and chill until flavors meld (about 1-2 hours, but the longer it sits the better it gets.)
- I usually stir it occasionally while it chills, but this is not necessary. I just feel it helps the dressing to completely envelope every morsel.
- Stir before serving and enjoy!
The Cook99bordeaux Richmond, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!