Asparagus and Crab SoupFrom hot_it_up 5 years ago
- 8 ounces fresh or canned lump crab meat, picked over and drained shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Chinese fish sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarcht, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 jar (15 ounces) white asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch sections with canning liquid reserved shopping list
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the broth, 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce, the sugar and salt in a 3-quart soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet. Add the shallots and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the shallots and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the crabmeat, the remaining 2 teaspoons fish sauce and black pepper to taste. Stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir gently until the soup thickens and is clear. While the soup is actively boiling, add the egg and stir gently. Continue to stir for about 1 minute. Add the crabmeat mixture and asparagus with its canning liquid cook gently until heated through.
- Serve with a Sprinkle of scallion and freshly ground black pepper.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!