Upside-down Pizza LoafFrom mrsc543 5 years ago
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 10 oz. ground turkey shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp flour, divided shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each basil leaves and fennel seed shopping list
- 1/8 tsp oregano leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a skillet and add turkey and onion, crumbling the turkey and cook until no longer pink and the onion is tender.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp flour and stir, cooking for one minute.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce.
- Add bell pepper, basil, fennel seed and oregano and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Spray 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and transfer turkey mixture to pan.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and set pan aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg; add remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1 1/2 tsp oil along with milk and salt and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter over turkey mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees until loaf is puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- I double the recipe on occasion so that there are leftovers for lunch the next day! If you do double, just increase turkey to 16 oz. You can use ground beef and extra cheese if you are not watching your calorie intake! Either way it is yummy!