Stuffed Fried Quail EggsFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 24 quail eggs, boiled shopping list
- 1/2 cup ham or finely sliced proscuitto, chopped real fine shopping list
- 1/2 large vidalia onion, minced ( that's the fancy word I needed) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- paprika, for sprinkling shopping list
- Large bowl of Hush Puppy Batter shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer the eggs slowly for 10 minutes. Cool in cold water; peel and cut into halves, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the eggs and place in a medium bowl (leaving the white portions intact). To the yolks, add 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper. Using a fork, mash into a smooth paste, and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 halves of the eggs and smooth it off with a butter knife until the filling is flat. Set aside.
- Finely mince the onion and garlic. Combine with the chopped ham or proscuitto and fill the remaining 12 egg halves with the meat mixture.
- Sandwich the eggs using 1 egg that has been filled with meat mixture and the other half which is filled with egg yolk together to make a whole egg. Keep them together by placing 2 toothpicks all the way through the two halves.
- Dip them in the Hush puppy batter and slowly drop them in 375 Deg. oil.
- when golden brown, remove and sprinkle with Paprika, let cool a little and enjoy
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!