Frog Leg Sauce PiquantFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- 1 celery stalk diced shopping list
- 1 small bell pepper chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz shopping list
- 1 can whole tomatoes shopping list
- 16 oz drained and chopped liquid reserves shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 3 pounds frog meat (15 to 20 legs) or 8 to 10 carcass shopping list
- salt cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the oil and 2 tablespoon of flour to make a roux. Stir constantly until the roux is a light to medium brown about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and add the onion, celery, green pepper and garlic and sauté' for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato paste and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes with the liquid, chicken broth, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Cover and simmer over low for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile dust the frog legs or carcass with the remaining 2 tablespoon flour seasoned with a small amount of salt and cayenne pepper. Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray or a small amount of oil, add the frog meat and sauté' until lightly brown about 3 minutes on each side. Add the eggs to the sauce and simmer for an additional 15 minutes if frog legs, and 30 if using carcass meat. Serve over rice.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!