Jack RabbitFrom 22566 4 years ago
How to make it
- Salt and pepper the Jack Rabbit pieces.
- Melt a significant amount of butter in a pan.
- Brown on all sides.
- Remove the rabbit meat from the pan and place in a baking pan.
- In the pan that the rabbit was browned,add the nutmeg,cinnamon,horse-radish,stir.
- Pour over the Jack Rabbit ,add 1/2 cup water,cover,and bake at 350 degree oven for 1 hour(or)until good and tender.
- Take one tablespoon flour and mix with 3 tablespoons of cold water and mix until there are no lumps in it.
- Remove the rabbit pieces from the baking pan.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid left in the pan,stir well.
- Boil gently for a few minutes until the mixture thickens.
- ~Serve the rabbit pieces with gravy and potatoes.~
- Jack Rabbits can be a pest to Ranchers,and farmers.A nocturnal creature,using it's hearing and speed to evade predators...foxes,bobcats,to name two.Their tails act as an alert showing it's white color when running.
- Jack Rabbits are the most destructive because of their size,they can cause enormous damage, inhabiting urban and suburban developments.Once eating habits are established they are hard to change.
- They will move from plant to plant,nibbling just a little bite before moving on to the next one.You can always tell if a Jack Rabbit has invaded your area,just look for the paired tooth marks on plants.
- So...When I'm asked...This is the 'only way' I prefer these hare..y varmints.
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!