Plaki Greek Fish StewFrom theoharry 7 years ago
- sea bass, cod or red snapper shopping list
- Or any fish you like, about 2 lbs. shopping list
- 2 or 3 onions (mild yellow) slice very thin (in rings) shopping list
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves also slice very thin shopping list
- 1 cup Sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes (12 to 16 ozs) shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup fish broth (or chicken broth is OK) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (yellow) and ½ cup currants (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dill weed shopping list
- ½ teaspoon oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- juice of one lemon (no seeds) shopping list
- 1 lemon thin sliced shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shaved almonds (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup olive oil to cook onions and garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onions and garlic in large pan until transparent (clear), add all other ingredients except FISH, cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Layer half of the mixture in baking dish, add uncooked FISH, then top with the rest of mixture.
- Top with thin Lemon slices and ½ cup shaved almonds (optional)
- Bake 30 minutes @ 350 f. or until fish is cooked.
- Serves 6
- Serve with a fresh loaf of French bread for dunking into the sauce.