Deep - Fried Pickles With Honey - Mustard Dipping SauceFrom sandygalesmith 7 years ago
- honey - mustard Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- Pickles: shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 48 slices bread and butter pickles (from a 16-ounce jar) shopping list
How to make it
- For the sauce, in a bowl, stir together all the sauce ingredients until smooth.(The dipping sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.)
- For the pickles, in a heavy pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350o F.Put the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in a second bowl, and the cornmeal in a third bowl; season the flour and cornmeal with salt and pepper.
- Dip the pickles first in the flour, shaking off the excess; dip into the beaten egg, then dredge in the cornmeal to coat.Lay on a baking sheet.When all the pickles are coated, fry them in batches in the hot oil about 30 seconds or until brown.Using a slotted spoon, transfer fried pickles a paper towl-lined plate to drain.Serve pickles hot with honey mustard sauce for dipping.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
The Cooksandygalesmith Saint Joseph, MO
The Rating9 people
My granddaughter is a big pickle lover! I have a question. Could you use dill pickle slices also??a1patti in Salem loved it
nothin like a deep fryed pickle Yummy high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks fine to me, The mill stays on better if you put the baking sheet in the fridge for about hour.
This works with all battered veggies, Orka mostly.hot_it_up in Columbiana loved it