CASHEW CHICKEN STIR-FRYFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 10-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbs. dry white wine shopping list
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- ½ tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can ( 6oz ) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 Tbs. hoisin sauce ( optional ) shopping list
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice shopping list
- ¼ cup roasted cashews shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Place chicken in a large resealable plastic food storage bag. Blend cornstarch, wine, soy sauce and garlic powder in small bowl. Pour over chicken pieces. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour. Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- 2)Heat oil in wok or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken; stir-fry 2 minutes or until browned. Add mushrooms, pepper and water chestnuts;stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in hoisin sauce, if desired; cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- 3)Serve chicken and vegetables over rice. Top servings evenly with cashews. Serve immediately.
- Calories per serving : 274
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!