Banana Chiffon Cake RecipeFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium) shopping list
- chocolate frosting or frosting of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, oil, water and vanilla;
- add to dry ingredients along with bananas. Beat until well blended. In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on lowest rack at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert baking pan; cool completely.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Invert cake onto serving plate; frost top and sides.
- Yield: 12 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!