Taco LasagnaFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 2 packages taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 4 cloves pressed garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal shopping list
- 2 packages flour tortillas shopping list
- 24 ounces chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 cup sliced onions shopping list
- 16 ounces sour cream mixed with 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large saucepan cook beef until browned then drain well.
- Add taco seasoning, garlic, cayenne and water then simmer uncovered 10 minutes and set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in bottom of rectangular baking pan.
- Place 6 tortillas in bottom of pan overlapping and extending a little up sides of pan.
- Layer in the following order:
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 of the meat mixture
- 1/2 of the onions
- 1 cup of the sour cream mixture
- 2 cups of the combined cheeses
- Repeat starting with 6 tortillas, salsa, meat, onions, sour cream mixture and 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes then remove and sprinkle with any remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.