SaltimboccaFrom pookiebear 5 years ago
- ~ 4 skinny breasts (chicken, that is) shopping list
- ~ 4 slices of GOOD prosciutto (don't be cheap, buy the Italian stuff, not the domestic ham) shopping list
- ~ flour, salt and pepper for dredging shopping list
- ~ 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- ~ 2/3 cup of white wine OR chicken stock shopping list
- ~ 4 tbsp of FRESHLY grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese shopping list
- ~ 2 tbsp of fresh sage leaves, chopped shopping list
- ~ 4 sage leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge your chicken breasts in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Now saute them in olive oil in a heavy skillet about 2 minutes each side.
- Turn oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of parmesan or Romano cheese on top of each breast, then top with a folded slice of prosciutto di Parma.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- While chicken is baking, make your pan sauce:
- To the skillet, add 2 tbsp butter w/ chopped sage, scraping up brown bits from the chicken, then add your stock or wine. Boil until sauce is thick and has reduced, about 4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish w/ sage leaves.