barbecue chicken sandwichesFrom jjals 6 years ago
- 45 minutes • 4 sandwiches shopping list
- 2 chicken breast halves with skin and bones shopping list
- (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 teaspoons double concentrated tomato paste shopping list
- 4 (3- to 4-inch) ciabatta rolls, halved horizontally shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
- Medium coarse sea salt Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 tablespoons barbecue sauce shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce leaves shopping list
- 3 medium pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 475°. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Put chicken in prepared dish and drizzle with oil. Roast until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Dilute tomato paste with 2 1/2 teaspoons water. Spread mixture onto tops of rolls and sprinkle with oregano. Place roll tops and bot¬toms on a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board, remove and discard skin; sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and thinly slice.
- Spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce on bottom halves of rolls. Make sandwiches with tomato, chicken, lettuce, pickles, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and a drizzle of additional barbecue sauce.
The Cookjjals Lake Havasu City, AZ
The Rating1 people
love this!hunnee in Nanaimo loved it