Chocolate Peanut Mousse PieFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1-1/4 cup finely crushed chocolate cookies shopping list
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups peanut butter flavored chips shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cookie crumbs and sugar then add melted butter and toss to combine.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of 9" pie plate then bake at 375 for 5 minutes and cool.
- Heat and stir 3/4 cup of the whipping cream and the chocolate over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the nuts and pour half of the cookie mixture over the crust.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Cover and chill the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Meanwhile heat and stir 1 cup of the whipping cream and the peanut butter pieces until smooth.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes or until cool but not stiff stirring occasionally.
- Beat remaining 2 cups whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipping cream into peanut butter mixture then gently fold in remaining cream.
- Spoon 2-1/2 cups of the mixture over the chocolate mixture in crust.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes or until set.
- Cover and chill remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture.
- Pipe or spoon remaining peanut butter mixture around edge of the pie.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving then garnish with remaining peanuts.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!