FOOD TRIVIA QUESTION 1

• lovebreezy 15 years ago
    The product we know today came into being in 1902, but it had existed in similar forms for generations. During the Christmas season of 1902, packaging became an important factor. It was designed with a string attached to it so it could be hung as a Christmas tree ornament. In total, there have been 37 different varieties, currently there are 22. More than 40 million packages of these are sold each year, and they are exported to 17 countries. They are turned out at the rate of 12,000 per minute, and nearly 6,000 miles of string are used on the packages. Poet-philosopher Christopher Morley wrote a poem named for them. What are they?
    Flag
  • wynnebaer 15 years ago said:
    I know this.....Animal Crackers....Great post, LB...:)
    Flag
  • lovebreezy 15 years ago said:
    A point to Wynnebaer!

ANIMAL CRACKERS
    "Animal crackers, and cocoa to drink,
    That is the finest of suppers, I think.
    When I'm grown up and can have what I please,
    I think I shall always insist upon these."
    by Christopher Morley

In 1902 the National Biscuit Company's Animal Biscuits assumed the legal trademark name of BARNUM'S ANIMALS. They designed the colorful five-cent box that looked like a circus wagon cage, and attached a string so the box could be hung from the Christmas tree. In total there have been 37 different animals represented since 1902. The current lineup is tiger, cougar, camel, rhinoceros, kangaroo, hippopotamus, bison, lion, hyena, zebra, elephant, sheep, bear, gorilla, monkey, seal and giraffe.
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →