1941 Cinnamon Rolls

• eastcoaster 4 years ago
    I made there yesterday, they are very close to the ones I made years ago for my girls when they were in school. I haven’t made these in years but I felt like baking and they turned out great. I used lactose free Natrel butter and lactose free Natrel milk. I also put the dough in the fridge for 45 minutes. I find the dough rolls out better when cold, I do the same with pie dough.
    Made 12 rolls. 425 -450 temp. I think is to high so I baked them at 400 and they baked up great in 15 min.
    Looking for cinnamon rolls recipe that doesn’t use yeast or cream cheese this one came up and I’m happy I made them
    The submitter did not say how much brown sugar or cinnamon to use so i just covered the dough with the sugar till no more dough showed then added the cinnamon. i just eyeballed it. Worked great.
    Made for the Picture -Less Photo May Challenge.
    May 18/2020.

Recipe by Circlemoom8
    1941 Cinnamon Rolls
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 4 years ago said:
    Wow, great photo Manella! They look delicious!
    It looks like a nicely risen yeast dough, I would never have guessed it didn't have yeast. I'm drooling here... I've been craving cinnamon rolls this past week and haven't had a chance to make them. I'm hoping to this week! :D
    Such a cool recipe, bookmarking!
    Flag
  • eastcoaster 4 years ago said:
    Thank you Shona, they are easy enough to make and I didn’t want to part with the yeast I have. I’m saving that for bread.😀😀
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 4 years ago said:
    Ooooo Manella! your picture is mouth-watering, they look delicious and you have me wanting some. I see the recipe notes 1/2 cup sugar and 1-2 T. cinnamon but I would use brown sugar like you did. What is the dough like? I see it doesn't use yeast which is great considering the yeast shortage here.
    Flag
    Thank you Linda, yes the recipe says that about the sugar and cinnamon. I guess when i was reading the directions it did not click:))) No excuse, just a seniors moment:))
    The dough is very easy to work with when cold, i think it would be too sticky if used right away. We also have a yeast shortage that's why i like this recipe.
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 4 years ago said:
    I book marked the recipe and will have to make a small batch for myself. Another reason I like the looks of the recipe. Easy to reduce it for a smaller portion. Thanks for the advise to work with cold dough. I love anything bready and sugar/cinnamony.
    Flag
    Your welcome Linda, and yes it should be easy to make a small batch. They do freeze well though:))
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 4 years ago said:
    These look beautiful and rose so nicely considering there was no yeast! For years I would make homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas day, but since I would have to start them the day before ( for the long rise time) I stopped because we started doing family get togrthers all day on Christmas Eve. These would be perfect to make, doesn't take long at all! Saved :)
    Flag
    Thank you Michelle. What a great tradition for Christmas, and to bad you had to stop.
    Now you can start again😋
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →