Beef Stew 2.0

• mommyluvs2cook 5 years ago
    By: Bakerme
    *Made for the November 2018 Root Vegetable Recipe Challenge*

This was an amazing beef stew! I loved that it used sweet potatoes as well as the white potatoes. Also loved that it used green beans :) I did not dissolve the beef bouillon in water beforehand but just added the bouillon straight to the soup. I did add more liquid, not sure how much more, just enough to get it a little more soupy. Also, in place of cornstarch I used potato starch. Worked great and we loved this recipe!!! Thanks Bakerme, wherever you are :-D

Beef Stew 20
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 5 years ago said:
    Excellent photo Michelle, please add it to the recipe too. Love beef stew and this looks great! I can see sweet potato in stew being real good.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 5 years ago said:
    Whoops! Adding it right now! This is definitely probably in my top 3 favorite beef stews I've made :)
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 5 years ago said:
    Awesome photo! It's looks very delicious, and it's a nice combo of veggies. Very cool on the potato starch, I've never used that before. Does it thicken just like cornstarch?

I miss seeing Bakerme too! I wonder if I said something to upset her? I've left other messages on her wall, well-wishes and a Merry Christmas etc...and they all get deleted. Hopefully she sees this and knows that if she was upset with me it must have been a misunderstanding! I love everyone here, but wonder if my dry humor or sarcasm came across wrong or something? Sometimes I offer unsolicited cooking/baking advice and try to be helpful but maybe that help seems like criticism?--I don't know.....hopefully that wasn't the case and she's just busy! (Can you tell I over think these things, Lol ;)
    Flag
    It was my first time using potato starch Shona! I've had some in my fridge for a while and not sure why? Lol. It still doesn't expire for a couple months so figured I should use it! Worked just like cornstarch IMO. Supposedly when using it in sauces it won't leave that shimmery look cornstarch leaves and I think it's just healthier. I read a ton of reviews lol :)

I don't know what happened to Bakerme?! I miss her though and have as well left some comments on her wall. I thought I had PM'd her but I just looked and I guess I didn't. I may do that soon just for a chance of response. I doubt it was you Shona. I can't remember thinking anything you saying to her was offensive? Hopefully she'll pop in here one day and clear things up or just say "HI" :)
    Flag
  • DIZ3 5 years ago said:
    Great looking photo, Mommyluvs2cook! That looks like a hearty beef stew. I love that it has so many vegetables. After your rave review, I'm going to have to give this one a try. Saved!
    Flag
    Thanks DIZ! That's exactly what drew me to the recipe, the extra veggies in there :) Let us know if you give it a try!!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →