October 2019 Recipe Challenge

• mommyluvs2cook 4 years ago
    Morning everyone!! Let's get a new challenge going!!

Here is how the Recipe Challenge works:
    Anyone who would like can nominate a theme/topic. We will have 2 full days to vote (only the people who say "vote for..." in their comments will count) and on October 3rd the winning theme will be announced and we will have until October 31st to make a recipe falling under that category and you can make as many as you'd like! The recipes can only be from this site. Please rate and review them on the recipe as well as here in the I Made It II :) Hope I covered everything and let me know if you have any questions! Have fun!
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 4 years ago said:
    Past recipe challenges ….

June 2017 - Picnic Foods
    July 2017 - Strawberries
    August 2017 - Garden Vegetables
    September 2017 - Vegetables & Fruits
    October 2017 - Pumpkins/Halloween
    November 2017 - Soups/Stews
    December 2017 - Quick Breads
    January 2018 - Pasta/Rice
    February 2018 - Slowcooker
    March 2018 - Irish
    April 2018 - Eggs
    May 2018 - Salads
    June 2018 - Strawberries
    July 2018 - Sandwiches/Wraps
    August 2018 - Grilled
    September 2018 - Apples
    October 2018 - Pumpkin/Halloween/Octoberfest
    November 2018 - Roots, Tubers, and Bulbs (anything grown underground)
    December 2018 - Holiday Festive
    January 2019 - Casseroles
    February 2019 - Asian or Chocolate
    March 2019 - Irish or Green
    April 2019 - PPP (pork, peas, peppers)
    May 2019 - Tropical
    June 2019 - Fresh Herbs, Sauces, Dry Rubs, and Dry Mixes
    July 2019 - Tomato
    August 2019 - 7 Ingredients or Less
    September 2019 - Breakfast
    Flag
  • DIZ3 4 years ago said:
    It's crickets around here! I'm hoping someone can come up with some good suggestions. The only thing that comes to my mind for October is Fall and Halloween. So maybe recipes that use "Orange" ingredients like pumpkins, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, orange bell peppers, and yes, even oranges.

By the way, is anyone else having a problem getting their bookmark pages to load correctly?
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 4 years ago said:
    It's been slow in here lately, hopefully we can get it going again!! I love the idea of orange foods Diz, it's different than the Halloween theme we usually do! Vote Orange!!
    Flag
    No problem with my bookmarked pages. What are you using to open sites? I know Internet Explorer is suppose to old and outdated. It doesn't work well for me for Pinterest.
    I'm up for Orange or DIZ has been asking for Mexican foods and that could be expanded to Mexican, Cuban, Spanish, etc.
    Flag
    Oh forgot to comment on your bookmark question Diz! Mine are messed up, they are super spaced out.and takes forever to scroll. Same with yours?
    Flag
    I'm also good with Mexican, I cook it at least once a week because my family loves it, so either way works for me!!
    Flag
  • DIZ3 4 years ago said:
    I'm going to "vote" for "Orange." Mexican would be good except we've been eating quite a bit of Mexican food lately. Lots of garden tomatoes, green chiles, jalapenos, and habaneros to use up this past month. On the flip side, cheddar cheese is "orange." I'm sure there are plenty of Mexican recipes (as well as others) that use cheese. :)
    Flag
  • DIZ3 4 years ago said:
    I use Goggle Chrome. The pages are spread out like yours, Michelle. If I use my phone, which also uses Google, the first page may or not may not load correctly. The following pages are spread out. I've had this happen occasionally with GR where a page may not load right. It eventually resolves itself. Hope that will be the case this time.

I agree it has been slow around here. Not many of us left and the absence of Cosmicmother is really noticed. I hope she is okay. This past month was busy for me and the kitchen has been cluttered with canning supplies and garden produce. Hoping things will settle down this month so I can devote some time to new recipes and food photos.
    Flag
  • Good4U 4 years ago said:
    I vote "Orange". A good harvest food colour.
    Flag
    I only use my cell phone for everything and it has chrome. So Maybe that's what it is. It's so weird how it just started doing it a few weeks ago out of nowhere!

I miss Shona! I hope her family is well and she just isn't around because she's busy! The groups here seem to go through lulls every once in a while so I'm hoping it will pick back up soon :)
    Flag
  • chuckieb 4 years ago said:
    I vote 'Orange'.
    Flag
    I’m up for anything. I’ll be busy this month with a project but still will contribute and make something. Wish the search feature was more defined. I too hope Shona is ok.
    Flag
    Orange food wins!!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →