FOUR RULES, #3 Eat CONSCIOUSLY and enjoy every mouthful

• smittenmoose 15 years ago
    Eat CONSCIOUSLY and enjoy every mouthful
    (MOST IMPORTANT STEP)

http://www.mckenna.com/default.aspx?pid=41

People that are overweight and always on a diet, tend to think about food all the time. I know I did. Before I was done eating one meal, I'd be thinking about the next. I was always so hungry that when I did get a meal I'd shovel it in. Most overweight people eat very fast. When you are eating, you get serotonin released into your brain and for every mouthful you get more serotonin. (you feel happy, a bit high if you will) Then because you are eating so fast, you eat right past the full signal until you are stuffed or bloated. Then you feel guilty and to get the happy feeling back, in a few hours you do it again.

You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. So long as you fully enjoy every single mouthful.

Between bites, put the knife and fork down!! Chew every bite throughly, enjoys the tastes and textures. As flavors blend, you get a different taste in your mouth. As a general rule, chew everything slowly about 20 times. (I actually counted when I first started) It seems extremely slow at first but as you practice it, it becomes second nature. Meat takes a longer time, soup, not so long, but as long as you savor every mouthful, you are doing it right.
    Flag
  • greekgirrrl 15 years ago said:
    My bad is eating in front of the TV or snacking while reading. It's gotten to the point that I can't read unless I AM snacking. Terrible!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →