2 Questions about Rice Pudding

• deedeec 16 years ago
    1. Has anyone made it with brown rice? How is it compared to the traditional white? I only have brown rice in the house, and never tried to make rice pudding with it...

2. I'm looking for an easy rice pudding recipe that uses left over rice. I can only find recipes starting with uncooked rice. Anyone got one?
    Flag
  • annieamie 16 years ago said:
    Hi Deedeec!

Here are some recipes for you. I love rice pudding with brown rice. Its delicious!
    BROWN RICE PUDDING - Cooks.com

1 c. cooked brown rice
    2 egg whites
    2 c. rice or nut milk
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 c. raisins
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In blender, mix milk, vanilla, egg whites, and cinnamon. Spray 8 x 10 inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. In a separate bowl, mix together brown rice, raisins, and the blender mixture. Pour entire recipe into the baking dish; sprinkle with additional cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

---------

From the Food Network
    Rice Pudding Recipe courtesy Juan Carlos Cruz
    Show: Calorie Commando
    Episode: Pierogies and Rice Pudding

2 cups cooked white rice (can be left-over rice)
    2 cups 1 percent milk
    1 stick cinnamon
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    3/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
    1/2 cup raisins

In a large saucepan, stir together rice and milk. Add cinnamon stick and bring to a low simmer over medium-low heat, whisking to keep from sticking. Add egg substitute and cook until just heated through (do not let eggs cook). Whisk in the sugar substitute and continue cooking over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and remove the cinnamon stick. Add ground cinnamon and stir in raisins. Ladle rice pudding into 6 custard glasses or serving cups. Sprinkle the top with a pinch of ground cinnamon, if desired. Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled and serve cold.
    .......................................Enjoy! Thanks for joining this group!
    Annieamie

Flag
  • deedeec 16 years ago said:
    Fantastic! Thanks for the info :)
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →