LEMON AND FENNEL MARINATED VEGETABLESFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, cut diagonally into ½ inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1 cup small whole fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, cut into ¾ -inch pieces shopping list
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs.. olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced shopping list
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds, crushed shopping list
- ½ tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed shopping list
- ¼ tsp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Bring water to a boil over high heat in a small saucepan. Add carrots. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium- low. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain cool.
- 2)Place carrots, mushrooms and bell pepper in a large resealable plastic food storage bag. Combine lemon juice, sugar, oil, garlic, fennel seeds, basil and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour over vegetables. Close bag securely; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3)Drain vegetables; discard marinade. Place vegetables in serving dish. Serve with toothpicks.
- Calories per serving: 47, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrate: 9g, Sodium: 15mg