Walnut Pesto with RosemaryFrom lindysez2 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and well dried shopping list
- 1 large stem rosemary, leaves removed from stem shopping list
- 10 stems parsley, preferably Italian flat leaf, leaves only shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (yes, that means you can't use that green can of stuff) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 pound whole grain or whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions, 1/2 cup pasta water reserved shopping list
How to make it
- Drop the walnut pieces and garlic into the chute of a food processor with the motor running. When finely minced, stop the processor and add the basil, rosemary and parsley. Using on/off pulses, chop until finely minced. Open the machine and add the cheese and lemon juice, turn the machine on and slowly drizzle the olive oil in through the chute. Turn of the machine; taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, pour into a large serving dish; add the pesto and toss until well coated, using the reserved pasta water to think as necessary.
- Per Serving: 293 Calories (28.1% from fat); 10g Fat (2g Sat, 5g Mono, 2g Poly); 11g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 232mg Sodium.
The Cooklindysez2 Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!