Grilled Summer Vegetables With Herb DressingFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell peppers, cored and cut into quarters shopping list
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and cut length-wise into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 2 yellow crookneck or yellow zucchini, trimmed and cut length-wise into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 12 mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed shopping list
- 1 eggplant, sliced across into 1/2 inch rounds shopping list
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 4 even rounds shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil, to coat shopping list
- For the Dressing: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano* shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme* shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary* shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon* shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- *no worries if you don't have ALL the fresh herbs, use what you have on hand. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, toss the peppers, squashes and mushrooms together with enough oil to coat. add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Brush the eggplant and onions with oil; season lightly with salt and pepper, set the vegetables aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine all the dressing ingredients, except the olive oil. Turn on the processor; slowly pour the oil into the work tube, run the machine until the ingredients are well incorporated and emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper; divide the dressing between two bowls. (You could also do this in a blender).
- heat the barbecue to medium high. working in batches, if necessary, place the vegetables on the grill; grill until tender and lightly charred, basting occasionally with the dressing. Remove the cooked vegetables to a serving platter; drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to tasted with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per Serving: 277 Calories (71.4% from fat); 23g Fat (3g Sat, 17g Mono, 2g Poly); 4g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!