Pasta with 2 TomatoesFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 1 pound capunti pasta, cooked according to package directions, 1/4 cup pasta water reserved shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, cut into quarters and diced shopping list
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled* seeded and diced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or romano cheese shopping list
- *LindySez - to easily peel a tomato, stick it through the stem end with a large fork, hold over the flame on the stove until the skin pops, you will hear it. Allow to cool, then peel off the skin. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the zucchini, saute until soft; add the fresh and sun-dried tomatoes; season with oregano and a bit of salt and pepper; cook until the fresh tomatoes begin to break, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, basil and cream; toss well to combine. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, thin as desired with pasta water. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Per Serving: 438 Calories; 14g Fat (5g Sat, 5g Mono, 1g Poly); 14g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 258mg Sodium.